Every once in awhile I come up with a good idea. Now, I will be the first to say, I am no Nate
Burkus, nor am I anywhere close to Billy Graham, but I came up with a quick easy project that combines a little spirituality and some home decor to boot. Many people have "life" verses. I really don't. My mind doesn't tend to work that way. I compartmentalize in my brain. If I had to sum my whole life into one verse, I would be in trouble. When Maddie and Ella were born, several wonderful people told us that they had picked a life verse for their children. I tried that...didn't get very far. So, I backed up and punted. I began to pray and asked God to show me what HE wanted me to pray for them. A mere four years later, He gave me one for Maddie. I don't call it her life verse. It is just one of many that I am praying for her until God shows me another. I didn't really have a specific verse for Ella, but God has shown me very recently that I need to pray for her to understand and accept authority. I want my girls not only to know that I pray for them daily, but I want them to know some specifics. I have painted "
verbage" on several walls in my house, but I didn't want this to be so
permanent. When God gives me a new verse, I want to be able to change it.
So, all that to say here's what I came up with: I bought two 10x20 frames, which I found for only $8.00 a piece. Then cut white paper to fit in each. I wrote the particular scripture for each girl on each paper. Then put it in the frame. I used cute ribbon to hang them with, which I found on clearance for a couple of dollars, but you certainly wouldn't have to. I just happen to be able to write in cute fonts, but those of you who are much more computer
savvy than I, could easily print it out instead. Now, how easy is that...and all for around $18.00!
Here is the finished project

12 comments:
Tammy,
I love it! Those look GREAT on the wall, and I am like you, I like that I can change it when God gives me a new verse!! Also, it is an EASY project that even someone like ME can do it!! Now, that is almost my favorite part, except for the fact that it is a verse for the children- THAT is the best part.
They look great and maybe even I can do 1 pink and 1 red & blue at my house!! Thanks so much for sharing! The only difference is that I will have to 'hire' out the cool handwriting or just print them out! :)
Love you,
Cyndi
Those look great!!!
I sort of have a life verse...it would be Romans 8:28 All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to his purpose.
I just love that! I love him!!
I have a verse for Nipper too....
Thou shall not bite the hand that feeds thee....
Great idea on the frames. I just love you creative folks.
Tammy
Now that is cute stuff. I love it! And the verses! I just may have to copycat you on this!
P.S. Thanks for the popcorn recipe. I can't wait to try it. I will let you know how it turns out.
You are not going to believe this. I just burnt yet another bag of popcorn. I surrender. No more microwaving popcorn. Seriously. I'm done.
That's so cute! I love not only the presentation of the verse, but the concept of being able to change it. You should copyright that idea! Trademark it, baby!
They turned out so well. They look darling. Thanks for sharing the idea, I'll have to get on that too.
VERY cute!
Cute idea. I love it hanging over the girls beds.
Lacey H
Can I borrow some of your craftiness????!!! :)
What a great idea!! I'm not much of a life verse kinda gal either. Life comes at me too fast to focus on just one verse. I like that you can change it when God changes your focus. I may have to copy you on this one! I'll be on the lookout for some cute frames.
Tammy, haven't had much time until today...which was really fun...but I ABSOLUTELY am amazed at your creativity and decorating abilities!!! How did you do on Shana's test? Those are really cute and I may have to barter with you to trade embroidery for handwritten scriptures. I'm no good at that!!! Maybe I'll print them out.
See ya' in a couple of days,
Terri
Precious! Girl that is fabulous. This is why I like hanging out with you (this is not the only reason the other is that you make fabulous bread)lol
Post a Comment