Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day and a Missing Tooth

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and got to spend it with the ones you love! And most of all I hope you were reminded of your valentine who will never stop being head over heels in love with you!

We started a new tradition last night. Our ladies ministry team at church coordinated a valentine's banquet. It was a huge undertaking, but soooo worth it. Greg and Nicole Sponberg were our entertainment. She was a member of the group Selah, and has a beautiful voice!! Our parish hall was transformed. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Ladies from our church were hostesses for the tables, which meant they were in charge of decorating their table. It was so cool to see how unique each table turned out, and yet they were all gorgeous. Here are just a few pictures. We had 23 tables in all so I couldn't include all of them. :)


This one was my table. It is kind of hard to tell by the picture, but my theme was "Every good and perfect gift is from above, James 1:17" Those are packages in the center.



I had to include this - A couple of weeks ago, Maddie lost her first tooth. I can't believe how much older it makes her look!


The tooth fairy was kind enough to let Maddie keep this one, since it was her first. :)

5 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Your table was gorgeous!! And I so appreciate your assistance with mine.....I have the inspiration and ideas, I just stink at the delivery.....plus, you know I'm addicted to your opinion.....it's a disease....one that unfortunately has side effects that spill over to you!! I apologize, but won't promise any changes, I'm too used to things now.

Love you!
Shana

Jodi Brinkley said...

How fun. We used to do that for our Christmas dinner at church, but I never thought of it for Valentines. I love that missing tooth.

Anonymous said...

Tell Maddie thanks to her I can get an early start on my Christmas gifts, at least I have an idea for one gift, HOORAY! Loved the tables, you and Shana out did yourselves. When I think of you and Shana that scripture comes to mind about when one falls in a ditch the other is there to help them out---or something like that---anyway you get the picture.

Love ya!
Granda

Bridenstine4 said...

What a gorgeous Valentine's Day you guys had! It's far more romantic than the table we had at 4:30 pm at JAlexander's. Ha haa The great thing about your God-given creativity is that you are willing to share it. I think that is awesome. You are the first person I ever met that didn't mind sharing your brain! Most people are soooo....mmmm..."Dalton" about it. That's a phrase Steven coined. Sadly, I actually get it. Congrats on the 1st tooth loss!

Anonymous said...

Your table was gorgeous. Shana always talks about how creative you are!