So, I finally was able to give Eric his gift! I wouldn't have dared told you what it was before because Eric reads this very often. He has found out what he was getting in the past and I was bound and determined he wasn't going to this year! I ordered it from Dad's computer, used his credit card and had it shipped to his house, just to be safe. Many of you know that Eric just loves Bobby Flay. Most nights, we watch the Food Network. It has become our favorite. Eric's favorite show is Throwdown with Bobby Flay. In fact, at any moment on any day, he will look at me and say, "Are you ready for a throwdown?" So, I ordered him an autographed copy of one of his cookbooks. The inscription says, "Eric, are you ready for a throwdown? Bobby Flay." I asked Eric how this ranked of all the gifts I had given him. He said it was right at the top! I missed the picture of his face when he read it. It was priceless!Santa brings 3 gifts to our kids. They each represent gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Gold was given to Jesus because it was very valuable - a perfect gift for a king. Our gold gift is something they really want. Frankincense was a sacred substance. In Exodus 30:34-37, God commanded the Israelites to place frankincense in front of the tent of meeting to scent the place where he had promised to meet with them. Jesus was sent as a symbolic "Tent of Meeting" for all people, which is why it was a gift to him. Our frankincense is something that will draw them closer to Christ. In ancient times, myrrh was used to scent embalming liquids. Because Jesus was sent to die on a cross for us, this was an appropriate gift for him. In our family, the myrrh gift is something that is needed. All that said, Ethan's gold gift this year was a drum set. Yes, I said a drum set. :) 
Maddie's gold gift was a portable DVD player. This picture makes my heart hurt. She looks more like a teenager than a five year old. 
Ella's gold gift was an easy bake oven. Here she is baking her very first cake. It was quite humorous. She refused to let anyone help her. She just may be the next Bobby Flay! :) I had to include a picture of her sharing her cake with her daddy.
I recently got new curtains for the dining room, so I told Eric not to get me anything. But he did something really thoughtful, that not many of you will get, but I have to brag on him anyway! To make a really long story short, several months ago, my cell phone was stolen. Eric spent a lot of time on Ebay to find me one just like what I had. Unfortunately, when it came, it wasn't in great condition. It was cracked and was a really bright color blue. I was glad to have it anyway, but it has been the center of many jokes since. Eric used to have the same one, but it went swimming in a drink and had long sense been replaced. He took my phone and his old one apart and took what was good from both. The outside of his was in great shape and was black instead of the fluorecent blue. He put them back together in the shell of his old one. Now, I have a "new" phone. It didn't cost him any money, but he spent a couple of hours putting it together. All together - AWWWWW wasn't that thoughtfull!
I almost forgot - Mom and Dad gave me a new DIGITAL camera. I am finally in the 21st century! I am still the photographer though so I am not making any promises that the pictures will be any better.
3 comments:
What great pictures of the kids! They all look very happy with their gold gifts! Doesn't it just make your heart happy to know that you've made your kids so happy. Having a happy heart in itself is such a blessing.
Merry Christmas!
We love you
Thanks for posting so soon, I was desperate for something to read.
Great post. Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. What thoughtful gifts. Merry Christmas!
Eric and Tim need to challenge each other to a BBQ throwdown! (Tim mad some killer ribs for Christmas lunch!) Don't you LOVE food network!
Post a Comment