Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I have been tagged...

Jodi tagged me to share 12 random things about myself that are Christmas related. Here are the rules:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.

12 Random Christmas Things About Tammy:
1. I absolutely love buying gifts. If I had lots and lots of money, I am sure I would give it all away!
2. When I find the perfect gift for someone, I have the hardest time waiting to give it to them. I have had Eric's gift for over a month now. I am so excited about it, that it is killing me to wait til Christmas morning to give it to him.
3. I love decorating for Christmas. And from a previous post, you know I am a little particular about it! :)
4. As much as I love buying gifts, I always wait until sometime in December to start. This year pretty much started and finished this past Saturday.
5. I love Christmas music, BUT I only like to listen to it during the Christmas season. I just can't stand to hear it before or after. Which leads me to number 6:
6. It drives me crazy to see Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving. This year Hobby Lobby started putting theirs up in September - I am not kidding.
7. I love Christmas parties - going to and hosting. I especially love our 30's and 40's party. You just never know what is going to happen! :) Thanks Brad and Shana for hosting!
8. I adore seeing Christmas through my children's eyes. Maddie has been counting the days til Christmas morning since Thanksgiving. Literally! I'm surprised she doesn't have it down to the hours yet.
9. I love to just sit and stare at my Christmas tree. Maybe the sparkling lights are relaxing, I don't know really. All I know is I have loved doing it since I was a very small child.
10. We don't go anywhere on Christmas day. In fact, we tend to stay in our pajamas all day. When we had children, we decided that we wanted them to be able to stay home and not travel all over the place.
11. Every year for as long as I remember, Before the first gift is opened my Dad would always read the Christmas story in Luke. He still does it. When the kids wake up on Christmas morning, we call Mom and Dad and Jenny and they come on over (whether the sun is up or not) This just may be my absolute favorite thing about the Christmas season.
12. I LOVE celebrating the advent season. This year thanks to our wonderful children's minister at church, we had a family advent festival. We made our own family advent wreath and Jennifer put together a devotional book for each day of the advent season, written by families in our church. We have so enjoyed lighting the candle each night and reading a devotion together. It has really helped to keep our focus on Jesus. After all He is the reason for this season!

I now tag Shana, Meleia, Angie and Chelle and Cindy-didn't want to leave anyone out ;)
By the way, what is the dreaded "m" word??

1 comment:

Jodi Brinkley said...

Truthfully-I'm not sure what the "m" word is. Perhaps "madness", "mayhem"...I'm really not sure.